Calcium grease, also known as calcium soap or calcium stearate, is a type of lubricating grease that is made from a combination of calcium hydroxide and a fatty acid, typically tallow or vegetable oil. The resulting product is a thick, opaque material with a high melting point and good water resistance.
Calcium grease is commonly used in a variety of industrial and automotive applications, such as bearings, gears, and other mechanical parts that require lubrication. It is particularly useful in applications where high temperatures or exposure to water or other chemicals are a concern, as it has good heat and chemical resistance.
One of the key properties of calcium grease is its ability to withstand high temperatures without breaking down or losing its lubricating properties. This makes it ideal for use in applications such as ovens, kilns, and other high-temperature equipment.
Calcium grease is also commonly used in automotive applications, such as wheel bearings, steering gears, and other parts that are exposed to high loads and temperatures. It is often used in heavy-duty equipment, such as construction and mining equipment, where its high-temperature stability and water resistance make it well-suited to the harsh operating conditions.
Some drawbacks of Calcium grease is that it can be relatively hard and stiff at room temperature, making it difficult to apply in cold conditions and it’s can be heavy and can make harder for pump in bulk application. Also some of the calcium grease may not be suitable for food application as it’s not food grade.
Some specific uses of calcium grease include:
- Bearings: Calcium grease is commonly used to lubricate bearings in a variety of equipment, such as electric motors, fans, pumps, and other machinery. Its high-temperature stability and water resistance make it well-suited for use in bearings that are exposed to high loads and temperatures.
- Gears: Calcium grease is also used to lubricate gears in a variety of equipment, such as vehicles, industrial machinery, and power tools. Its ability to withstand high loads and temperatures makes it well-suited for use in gears that are exposed to heavy use and harsh operating conditions.
- Automotive: Calcium grease is used in a variety of automotive applications, such as wheel bearings, steering gears, and other parts that are exposed to high loads and temperatures. It can also be used in other automotive applications like as lubricant for different parts of the braking system.
- Construction and mining equipment: Calcium grease is commonly used in heavy-duty equipment, such as construction and mining equipment, due to its high-temperature stability and water resistance.
- Food industry: Calcium grease are also used in some food industry application but only food-grade calcium grease is used, its water resistance can be beneficial to lubricate machinery in the presence of water or steam.
- Electric motor and power generation equipment: Calcium grease can be used to lubricate the bearings in electric motors and power generation equipment due to its water resistance property, this equipment are often exposed to high temperatures and water.
Please note that not all types of Calcium grease will be suitable for all applications, it’s good to check with manufacturer to ensure compatibility with the specific application.
DANA Lubricants Factory LLC (DANA LUBES) is an ISO 9001: 2015 Certified, API Approved UAE BASED Lubricant Oil Manufacturer in Dubai , OILS & GREASE is Quality Manufacturer & Supplier of Automotive, Industrial & Marine Lubricant Oils. Established in 2002, we are part of well-known Industrial Conglomerate DANA GROUP based in Dubai UAE (www.danagroups.com). We are exporting to more than 70 countries worldwide including Europe, Asia, Africa, South & Central America, Australia and GCC(Arab Countries).
Dana Lubricants are formulated to the highest international standards & specifications as per:-
- American Petroleum Institute ( API Certificate – DANA LUBRICANTS FACTORY LLC UAE)
- Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
- US Military (MIL)
- Machine manufacturers like Mercedes Benz, BMW, Porsche, GM, Ford, Volvo, MACK, MAN, Caterpillar, Komatsu, Toyota & others.
- As per Customer Formulation (OEM Basis)
DANA LUBRICANTS FACTORY LLC
PO Box 14761 , Ajman , UAE
Location : Opposite Hamriya Free Zone 2 ,
Gate number 3 , Ajman. U.A.E.
Tel : +971-4-2217273 Fax : + 971-4-2215940
Whatsapp : 00971-50-7983153
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com