Knitting is an intricate process through which consecutive loops or stitches are formed to turn yarn into fabrics.
The need for knitting oil(lubricating oil)
The Needle and sinker form an integral part of a circular knitting machine; these frictional partners (needle and sinkers) are continuously exposed to severe stresses, which is the reason why a special lubricating film becomes mandatory for the smooth functioning of knitting machines.
This lubrication oil film also helps to prevent rusting and minimize wear of machine components.
We at DANA ensure that we manufacture and supply high-quality knitting oil, that complies with all the international quality and safety standards and with a large supply base
Selection of the perfect knitting oil
- The lubricating oil should be able to form a strong thin film to withstand high-speed movement of the needle and sinker to ensure an extended life of two frictional partners.
- The oil should be able to provide consistent performance for a variety of friction coefficients over extended periods.
- It should not form any sort of residue as it could hamper the speed sliding movement.
- The lubricating oil should have good oxidation stability to make certain that the machine suffers minimal wear during machine startup.
- The oil should be chemically inert so that it does not react with a plastic tube or machine paint even if it is in contact for extended time periods.
Knitting Oil formulation
The knitting oil emulsion generally consists of around 85 to 90% of Mineral base lubricating oil and 8-15% of an additive.
While the Mineral base oil serves the purpose of forming the major chunk of the lubricating oil emulsion, the additive components are mixed in order to serve a variety of purposes and it comprises of emulsifier (7 to 10%) anti-rust agent (0.1% to 0.4%), friction modifiers (0.25 to 2.5%), antioxidant (0.2 to 1.0%), metal deactivators (0.05 to 0.1%) and around 0.4 to 1.0% of water
Knitting Oil features
1) Can be conveniently used with all the types of knitting machines.
- Increased flexibility in terms of usability of lubrication oil
2) Excellent anti-wear and lubrication properties.
- A significant reduction in energy losses, translating into an increase in overall efficiency
3) Keeps check on needle temperatures during high-speed knitting
- Increases the life of knitting machine and all the components exposed to continuous wear and tear
4) High-temperature tolerance (Up to 200C)
- Provides the machine with the ability to work well even at adverse working conditions
5) Exceptional adhesion properties
- Increases the efficiency of the lubricating oil
Applications of knitting oil
As the name lubricating oil suggests, its primary function is to provide the separating film that minimizes the stresses between contacting surfaces by reducing the frictional stresses for parts under continuous mechanical contact.
The knitting oils can be applied through brush, spray and even oil can for that matter.
Some of the typical applications include-
- Used with all the types of the knitting machine, right from full fashion machines that use nylon yarn to circular knit machines that work with light (less dense) oils
- All the high-speed textile production machinery that involves the use of needles, lifters and sinkers.
- Rapier guides and jacquard components on weaving machines.
- These lubricating oils can be used with a variety of knitting machines, be it electronically or mechanically controlled.
Knitting oil is a specific name given to the lubricating oil when it is used in knitting machines. The Lubrication oil though finds its application in almost every machine that involves mechanical contacts.
Attached herewith find the link to the technical data sheet of knitting oil produced at DANA lubes.
DANA Lubricants Factory LLC (www.danalubes.com) established in 2002 is an ISO 9001:2015 certified company; we manufacture our products in Dubai, UAE. We take immense pride in asserting the fact that we are one of the leading manufacturers and suppliers of high-grade transformer oil. Our market extends over a wide demographic as we export over products to a number of countries including Bangladesh, Turkey, Africa, South America, India, Indonesia, Nepal, Vietnam, Thailand. Being one of the top suppliers, we have always worked hard so that we can deliver the most premium of qualities at non-premium and affordable prices.
Feel free to contact in case of any enquiry. Listed below are the mediums through which you can reach us out!
WhatsApp – +971507983153
Tel – 0097142217273